Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Quick Word

I'll try to keep it short and sweet with this one. I know this blog has gotten some attention, and I have seen the comments and the response. That's all well and good and I am sure that was one of the goals of this whole thing. I want to build off some of the feedback, but it may be awhile, so try and be patient. Let me reiterate that I have no power to do anything. I am just one person expressing my right to an opinion and telling things the way I see them. I know other people may disagree and even express outrage and some of my comments, but that is just the way I feel. I could have had an affect in other ways, but doing this blog and stirring this stagnate pot was how I felt I could have had the biggest impact. With a new year, I hope the SGA becomes rejuvenated by this and takes the rest of the term to really make strong progress in all sectors of student life. So with that, a very Happy New Year everyone!! And look at for more Watchdog posts. Be well and be safe. 1

7 comments:

  1. you are "sure" this was one of your goals? I think you knew very well that this was one of your goals.

    And let me also say that you DO have the power to do something...attend a meeting and put a name to a face.

    Also, to outwardly rant and rave and single out people especially on the Eboard is extremely heartless and disgusting considering these people are here and VOLUNTEERING their time to serve YOU.

    You have absolutely NO right to criticize people considering your rant lives in this blog. It's evil, and you need to get both sides of the story before making the accusations you are claiming.

    Why don't you get off your lazy computer glued ass and do something with your life instead of sinking down and using all your "strength" to move your fingers.

    Be bigger than you are. Stop writing, and DO something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree that it is really important to remember that the senate and e-board are volunteering.

    I can't speak for everyone, but if all I hear is criticism and the positive things I do are not recognized, I am discouraged and want to quit. Let the person criticizing me do it if he/she is so smart.

    If SGA went until 12:30, I would quit and I wouldn’t be the only one.

    There are things beyond Ithaca College. This blog is written with the view that SGA is like God or something. SGA has power, but not THAT much, and frankly, who cares?
    We DONT need to talk for an hour about chalking, people all over the world are suffering, etc, and we think we are so high and mighty because we make recommendations on chalking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To go along with the "theme" you've set up here: I think you are an ex-campaigner or a friend of an ex-campaigner whom is bitter about not being elected.

    What a pitiful way to show your remorse...and cowardly. Grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever, I guess I can't satisfy everyone... Oh well. Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever? What a pitiful and yet again another cowardly remark. Back your statements up, stand by what you say.

    You started it...so take the heat or YOU say 'goodbye'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adam is it? Your fighting a person without an idenity, quite forceful I might add. Instead of jumping on this kids dick ( or vagina) maybe u should start your own blog so some retard can heckle you! U started it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A blog of this nature kind of encourages the posters to "jump on author's vagina" as you put it (to the poster above me). I think its great that there can be a discourse on SGA business outside of SGA like this.

    The creation of this blog was a brilliant idea but us posters cannot be expected to create a counter-blog every time we disagree with a post. That is the point of being able to post a comment.

    Although we'll never know what the true intentions of the author were, I can only imagine that it was meant to inspire intelligent discourse. Not a bunch of posters going back and forth saying, "you started it" "no you started it"

    ReplyDelete